What is Avalanche (AVAX)?
Avalanche or AVAX (AVAX / USDT — trade here) — is a scalable and secure blockchain platform. It aims to build application-specific private and public deployments and launch scalable decentralized applications (dApps) and smart assets.
The Avalanche ecosystem provides developers and end users with a variety of blockchain experiences. With infrastructure and bridges built on Avalanche like the Avalanche Bridge, the platform provides developers with an easy way to move data, assets, and information between chains. Trade AVAX with MEXC Global.
Users have access to yield optimizers like Snowball, which integrate different DeFi protocols, and DEX like Sushiswap, which facilitate trading, within the ecosystem. Additionally, users are encouraged to manage their portfolio using dashboard tools and wallets, which will improve their experience with dApps on the blockchain. Avalanche supports its NFT community and offers platforms for NFT projects and associated smart contracts based on its scalability and security.
Core Features of AVAX
- Scalable. Avalanche is designed to be massively scalable, robust, and efficient.
- Secure. Avalanche is designed to be robust and achieve high security.
- Decentralized. Avalanche is designed to provide unprecedented decentralization.
- Interoperable and Flexible. Avalanche is designed to be a universal and flexible infrastructure for a multitude of blockchains/assets, where the base AVAX is used for security and as a unit of account for exchange.
AVAX is the native token of the Avalanche platform. It has a capped-supply of 720,000,000 (720M) tokens. It is used to:
- Secure the network through staking and incentives to earn more tokens，
- Pay for fees such as transaction costs，
- Provide a basic unit of account between the multiple subnetworks created on the Avalanche platform.
How to buy AVAX?
You can buy AVAX on MEXC following the steps:
- Log in to your MEXC account and click [Trade]. Click on [Spot].
- Search “AVAX” using the search bar to see the available trading pairs. Take AVAX/USDT as an example.
- Scroll down to the Spot field. Please enter the quantity of AVAX you want to purchase. You can choose to open a limit order, market order, or stop limit order. Take market orders as an example. Click Buy AVAX to confirm your order. The purchased AVAX is in the spot wallet.